Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My newest addition to the family: David the Kitty



David
My sweet and precious new kitten David is adorable. He sleeps with me and my daughter taking turns every night. Playful, curious, funny and just a ball of joy! I got him Friday evening visiting the family. At first I was calling him Benedict Cumberbatch from the car ride home, didn't respond very well.  Hitting the front door, my daughter hear "meow" she thought I was mimicking a cat but when surprising her, totally fell in love with him.

For some stranger reason, David popped up in her head. Maybe from Michael Fassbender's character from Prometheus but not Bowie (it can change.) Saturday night taking a breather from studying and work we watched Transylvania 6-5000, while resting next to me.  He like a baby, playing with my fingers and hair.  David is my second housecat since 10 years ago. Now for those baby claws of his...OUCH!! snip time.

In other news, finals are here! Bleh...working ALL weekend long, finding a time to study and get the information in my head was pretty brutal. The insomnia didn't help out only to make it worse than usual. Dystopia  Nacogdoches aka "The Pit" Naco-nowhere, Nacacrack, or from me "sucky ass college town" is going to be ghost in another month. Since the college kids are leaving this semester going back home or moving back to their cities graduating or can't stay at the dorms, going to be deader as dead can be.  For a college town, I do say there's nothing for them to do and for the adults who live here, we realized how it do suck for them.  Breathtaking scenery and quiet community ties, if SFA wasn't here it would be just another blow in town for travelers. Another afterthought of a small Texas town with a meh and ho-hum.  Looking at the married couples here, they look quiet bored and about to have a nervous breakdown.  True, good school and knowing everyone in town but damn, IMOH nothing for them to enjoy even for the single people around here.  Usually I hit bigger towns for excitement and fun, long drive but worth it.  I digress.......

One exam to go before starting the summer session which will go so fast.  I found out why I do not like going a whole semester of classes:
  1. Too damn long!
  2. Loss of interest and forgetting the material in 2 wks.
  3. Kids these days are in it for themselves even when asking for a study group or what was said last class of missing, they look at you like you're an alien or asking inappropriate questions ( This generation do not have any respect or courtesy)
But the good thing is that I'm learning.  Classes on campus vs. online classes have advantages and disadvantages.  I like the fast past of online but skip chapters, class on campus give you the human element with the five senses. Should do well this summer and not feel all burned out and lose interest of the combination of both to keep me on my toes, gaining the information and more interaction.

David is asleep now...don't want to wake him with my fierce typing...shhhhhh the baby is asleep..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment