Sunday, November 25, 2012

I survived Thanksgiving Sale & Black Friday: The aftermath.



The "Real" Walking Dead.
The Pre-Black Friday Thanksgiving sale at my wonderful job was weird! My first sales experiencing of the chaotic time was not to be played.  I got ready early and left around 7 pm. I live about 18 minutes from town not too bad of a drive on the highway. Arriving into the city limits, I was thirsty. So I made up my mind to purchase sweet tea *Southern people's wine* because I wanted to have something to wet  my whistle during the four hours. When I passed by my job, good grief! Those fools were lined up. "Omigosh:" I said  And  off to Mickey D's Gaakkkk, Mickey D's was closed!! Grrrrrr. really? You guys are closed? When? You suppose to serve us nasty burgers and mediocre drinks.  So I made a block around the neighborhood gaining my composure to endure the walk to the store door. This is a good time to pull out a cigarette. Tiffani, the Clinque makeup consultant came to my car and pretty shaken.  If anyone have experienced Black Friday, you  know how crowds are. But this is Thanksgiving Pre-Black Friday, smart move with retailers and my future with retailing looks promising as ever. These guys are more like maniacs ready to pounce on the next unsuspecting victim. Black Friday tends to bring the worst in people, shopping for the best deals while being a moron. I call it as I see it;  materialistic f*ckery of the highest bidder.  So Tif was terrified and  I was too. We both took a deep breath and walked to the door with authority. Of course there was some borderline retards moaning "umm how come ya'll  get to go in" DUH, dummy because we work here. I said in my head not outloud, I wasn't ready to fight but I will put my size 9 against a jaw and call the police. Both of us did the police knock, you know?  The hard, continuous beating that cops do when demanding for YOU to open the door.  Save by the bell, our store manager came. Pheww!! So happy to be inside and we're getting super ready for customers, trying not to lose our composure of giving quality customer service. Until......my friend's brother come knocking at the door, yep he's a policeman. Seems that a couple of people started to argue and trying to fight outside over whose in line first. Give me a damn break!
We're so FABULOUS!




The first hour was hectic after 10 p.m. slowed down to a trickle. I know my lipstick was worn off and my breath was getting a bit tart..LOL..Someone had a roll of LifeSavers  candy and I knocked them suckers out. But the excitement  was at Wal-Mart not too far from us.  My baby sister went to Wal-Mart that night to shop, many fights, arguments and arrests were made. One story floated from the customers that two people started fighting over a Straight Talk Phone.

A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE???? LMAO!!!

Exactly like this minus the cuties.
Straight talk phone is the slightly better cousin that hasn't landed in jail of the Tracfone. You know the one cousin that lived in that raggedy ass falling apart trailer house and upgraded to a pretty three bedroom, two bath with a garden tub double wide because of he/she founded a better job and now riding the high hog of livin'. That's the one! I have no clue what phone was up in arms but seems of this no contract, pay as you go, pick your plan, you can do it all at Wal-Mart cause this Fight Club-esque brawl broke out Thanksgiving night. Must have been rednecks, figures.  LOL.  Black Friday  was pretty chilled out because of the better deals that was given Thanksgiving night and early morning. But it was so boring and dead at work since store extend their hours late during the holiday shopping, all I did was straighten clothes and danced to whatever playing on the radio. We have some new employees there too. I met my secret Santa person that night, she's pretty nice and funny. She'll get a good gift from  me. I need a good drink that night too, stopped by the bar and had my two drink minimum Red Bull and vodka.  No clue on what nighttime bar mood but it was mix-matched.  Pretty much, I Facebook'd comments while enjoying my drink. And no, there wasn't anyone interesting that I would strike the fancy for a conversation. Some white chick with a ghetto black accent *the irony* was cursing and talking loud at some guy. I couldn't do nothing but laugh, but in my head!!  Singing modern R&B songs. Oh and she was belting "Contagious" like she was Aretha Franklin.
"That's  my sssshhhittt!!" she retorts.  Now I gave a silent chuckle and a smile. When I hear a song of course "That's my jam!" comes out, BOOM on to singing the tune. But this is East Texas, anything goes here so expect the unexpected.  I'm very happy that bars closes pretty early around here.  A total mess if they stayed open after 1 am.

Saturday was boring and met a couple new employees. One, sigh..........what can you expect; young, crazy,  talkative, not really professional and didn't motivate herself to keep herself busy. She hung around me most of the night. I do not know why younger people tend to gravitate toward me letting everything out, stuff I don't care but I dish it out the worse, unflattering things and scary so I can see them get smaller and smaller and back off. But this particular girl didn't and I started to run away from her. Yeah her foul language,  I cuss too but dang we're at work! But her breath, phhhheeeewwwwww!!!!  Her breath was born in Hell, not  figuratively but literally.  She sent me to Hell over and over the whole night. And notice that I was running away from  her too!! I was straighten a toy display, when she came over.
I  turned into Thumbalina & went to Hell last night.
Stinky: "I see that you're running from  me all I'm trying to do is make friends."
Me: "Errr..I'm trying to find something to do to passing the time."
 She didn't take the hint, that one: her breath stank and two: calm yo butt down with acting extra whatever you're doing. I even mentioned about gum, candy and  that left over LifeSavers in the basket at the front register bay. Then  had the nerve to try to flirt with another new associate whose a cutie. Girl, please you're killing  him softly with that hell pit called a mouth. And you got a boyfriend and whatever you had on tonight, looking like that poorly made silver tinsel sad Christmas ornament that people keep scratching their heads wondering who in the hell made that and why it still made the cut in this year's tree decorations?   I meet the most interesting people at work. And yes, I was flirting with the new guy until I found out his age, nineteen.  SCCREEAAACHHHING HAAULLTT! Oh well, I had fun flirting and he did too. You have to be over voting and drinking age for me, can't do fresh out of high school thing. I'll leave that to the good, thirsty, desperate people around here.


Gonna be a LONG holiday season before  leaving my second part time job end of this year. Been awesome and having so much fun there. I can't wait to see my son today! He's been gone since Tuesday with Lucifer *his father* for Thanksgiving. Ready for  him to come back, I've been missing him. He's a toot and a handful but yesterday I started crying because I miss his voice and smile. Uh- oh, I can see it now. My kids leaving home for college or starting a new life. Empty house and just me. My daughter has five years now and my son another thirteen.  Don't worry, I have hobbies and lots of travel spots to hit. And the good thing about the kids leaving the nest is peace and quiet. I can only enjoy them right now in the moment and not think about it.
And the Walking Dead is coming on tonight!!! Michonne made it to the prison with the milk and going to tell the crew about Maggie and Glen being kidnapped. Arrghhh still sucks that T-Dog went out like a Boss earlier this month  to save Carol. Governor getting all cray cray as usual, *he's beginning to grow on me* and what is up with the sexy ass European men donning these Southern accents on these shows?  Andrew Lincoln and now David Morrissey??  Hotness. I think we need a surge of European  men that need to move to Texas. And if you do, you will receive thousand of thank-you's from us. The women that is. I'm  tired of rolling my eyes at Billy Bob, Tyrone and sometimes Jose staring at me and something stupid comes out of their mouths.  Bleh!  The other week, I seen the 'last' unicorn in Wal-Mart helping  my grandmother. The 'last' unicorn is someone blowing into town that's not the typical type of guys in this area: decent, takes regular showers, works out, looks good  vs. unshaven, dirty, fat, loud and rude.  Gets on my nerves when a good looking guy shopping and I can't strike up a conversation because I have to do my granddaughter duties with Big Mama. Big GIGANTIC SLAP across my face. But I cannot desert my grandmother just to flirt with a guy. That's plain rude! I can only catch good glances, frown a little and go back to helping. And  plus, she's not the "oh honey go on and get a date" type grandmother,  more the "really? you need to stop salivating and get this bacon for me *rolls eyes*."  LOL..

I'm not ready for work tomorrow. Five days off from my full time job is wonderful but I gotta keep pressing til Christmas holidays in the next three weeks. Yippy!





2 comments: