Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey Day & Shop smart on Black Friday



Happy Thanksgiving!! And I gotta work tonight, booooooo!!! Retailers are getting quite crafty this year with kicking off Black Friday early on SURPRISE--Thanksgiving night!  Instead of camping out on the sidewalk, pretty much loitering in my eyes  for numerous hours  before Friday, eating chips, pop tarts, the occasional baby wipe bath and chatting with other loiters for those big holiday savings, companies made it easier for the consumer.  We love electronics being SLASHED SLASHED SLASHED to almost to purchasing a can of Spam, those shoes you've been eyeballing since October but only $300.00? Its now under a hundred bucks!! Don't forget the wonderful people you'll gonna fight, trample, smash, cuss, outsmart when blazing for these products. Remember, your fellow man is in competition of bring home the best deals and can not wait to put that mega 60' Plasma HDTV with the projector, that comes with a the new Windows 8 and when you push a certain button, Rosie the Maid from the Jetson will come out and serve you beer and pork skins during the game in your man cave.  The holidays are a wonderful time of the year! 


Good and will  hurt you, if ya not careful.
Down here in my neck of the boonies, Big Mama is cooking up a storm. Ha! Not really my aunt visiting out of town is. Big Mama use to cook great meals for Thanksgiving..Sigh.. I remember cringing during this time; peeling sweet potatoes and russet potatoes for the sweet potato pie and potato salad, washing up greens (or collards whatever you prefer) and peas to put on the stove for hours, slow cooking with the nice seasonings  to a perfection. Cooking cornbread for the vegetables and the dressing.  We call it, "dressing" some may call it "stuffing", the difference is we don't stuff a turkey, we have one cooked but not stuffed. I can't see us stuffing a turkey that's a bit difficult for them. Sticking with simple works out very well.  My Big Mama health is fair but she's still a whippersnapper! Oh gosh, telling  her to sit her butt down and rest is very hard for her. She's  use to doing things all the time, growing up in a different era; hard work is the norm and being laziness, you'll get clowned!  Hell,  they did everything  from making a fence post to creating soap to bathe. I hate the fact that most of these hard working people from her era are leaving, trying to pass down these wonderful gifts and talents came to a screeching halt that most of the children of my generation didn't  want to learn or thought it wasn't 'modern.' Pffftttt....I love the convenience of modern technology, product improvements to make my life easier and better but sometime you gotta know how to put some elbow grease into it when it breaks. I guess that's the good ol' country skills that I learned. As time passed, we've began to not put too much emphasize on our choice of food we eat. Some became vegetarians, some gotten picky and some started to realize that what we've been eating for a long time isn't too healthy.  Southern soul food is good for the soul and comfort but you can make healthier soul food without the discomfort of being rushed to the ER during that Thanksgiving night due to high blood pressure spikes.  Grease is delicious, but shit I have children to raise, look fabulous, staying in shape and a life to live. I'm not going to be riddled with high blood pressure, stroke, heart attacks and all the aliments that plagued black Americans due to high fat, high cholesterol, finger licking good overeating foods. I'm not putting a damper on your holiday feasting but my outlook is crucial. Don't get  me wrong, I love my Southern food but I have control of my portions and self discipline to not gorge myself.  I gotta keep my size 8 figure right and tight!  I had two kids and SHALL NOT waste my hard work on becoming & staying healthy.  

Well its almost 12:30 here. Dad is watching the football game in his room and I'm about to get ready and eat. Later on, countdown to those wonderful shoppers tonight. On that note  this is what I wrote on my Facebook status:

Happy Gooble Day.
Please, don't acta fool tonight at 8pm in the stores.

Dear Savior,
I hope my night at work goes well without any problems. The savings and deals is what the people come to spend that $$, bearing those holiday gifts to family and friends. Though, my job is providing top notch customer service, don't let one of them test me. You have granted me patience over and over but if one starts to get raspy with me, a size 9 Jessica Simpson red stiletto and a Matrix style fly kick with the doves coming out of my ass will meet their jaw.
#Ilovetheholidays!




I'm not mean but I do not tolerate stupidity. Yes, I do wear a size 9 in shoes because of my tall people features   on my short body *Thanks MOM!* its  like  seeing a Hobbit with long legs and big feet and you do not know how to make of it. Speaking  of the Hobbit, must see movie Christmas night!  



Sexxxyyyy
Oooooo I seen Skyfall yesterday. Not a bad, James Bond movie. When Skyfall came out earlier this month, in my area the ticket purchases skyrocketed *haha* that weekend.  You can say "We love James Bond!" And I love Daniel Craig!  Dayyuummmm, that man is handsome! The only movie I  passed with Daniel as the main character is "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." Why? Because I've seen the orginal and Hollywood completely destroy the whole story, adapting to American audience. Sorry, Hollywood & Daniel:  Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist killed it with the trilogies.

Note: Always watch the original movie, I don't care if its foreign and bunch of subtitles, you can read? I hope so.

Why isn't there any Daniel Craig look alikes here? Well.. there is one but he's more of the redneck version of him and works at Walmart. Not really that good looking but more of a WWWAAAYYYYYY distant cousin of Daniel Craig. LOL And yes, *cringe* redneck distant cousin Daniel Craig look alike was checking me out walking through the parking lot.  My  daughter called  him Freddie Kruger. Huh? She's not really big on guys checking me out, gets on her nerves to see men gawking at mom.  Mom can't help it that she looks nice and doesn't mind them staring but don't creep her out. I like attention but not a bona fide attention whore. Yes!!!! I finally used the redneck Daniel Craig reference tidbit, I love my brain.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday, put your difference aside with relative(s)  *I do every year* and stay as FARRR away as you can, don't eat too much, cherish those moments, no punching people on Black Friday and if you're an orphan on Thanksgiving, please do visit friends or help out in your local soup kitchens and shelters, bringing a smile on a someone's face that doesn't have the great fortunes like you. 

Of I go, here's Adele with Skyfall.




No comments:

Post a Comment