Thursday, June 27, 2013

The FINAL COUNTDOWN to MOVING!



It's coming to a good close. The moving process is happening as we speak! My cute couch is shipped, got
my table, stuff in boxes and ready to roll out.  I was a bit depressed for a while because my son is already gone with his dad. The thought hit me and couldn't do nothing but cry and laid shiftless in bed. I still did some awesome things with him and notice how clingy he became when the thought of not being around mom like everyday.  At first, I was like "why are you hanging on to me like a toddler?" Thought about it, he's going to miss me like crazy and wants to enjoy every moment with mom and sister. He too, was going through stuff also like me. I became moody and he turned clingy.   We, as adults, sometimes do forget about our little ones' feelings. We was once children also.  But children are brave, smarter they may not express their emotions in complete thoughts but their actions show.  I didn't want to pack the rest of his clothing up because I wanna hold on, he grew inside me, birth him, still raising and loving him.  Separation is hard for anyone but he's brave. Haven't called him yet but I will this week. And the fact his father, ex-husband aka Lucifer threw a fit about me being the last resort to pick my kid so he can go to work. Being summon for jury duty that means I wasn't available, leaving stupid immature messages means eye rolls and laughter on my part.

First, when you are working and have children always have a baby-sitter, caring relative or a trusted friend to MAKE SURE that your child is cared for when going to work. It's common sense. I worked from the evenings to night with two children. I have my dad to watch my children. Dad is the real human Oscar the Grouch but he made sure that nothing doesn't happen to them and do trim his schedule to get them off the bus. The kids stayed with me at times at work and helped me clean the school, bought them food and took them home so they can get their baths and rest. Its' called parenting! Very lucky to work at a school to have this privilege.

Second, You asked for him. When this conversation took place months ago, you had plenty enough time to get arrangements of your life to incorporate his. You can not worm your way out!  Remember, you created him just the same as I did. No if's and's or but's.

Finally, its called parenting. There's no part-time, 3/4's, or sometimes. Parenting is full time!! Just because we are divorce, you're still his father. Our time is over...waaaayyyy over for almost 3 years now. Get over it! Focus on your children. Some adults are still wanna play like kids and think everyone is going to do it for them. Parenting is not easy but it can be enjoy.

Okay, enough venting, missing my son like crazy.
Should have brought a book, instead of sulking.

Yesterday I got stood up, suppose to meet up (not a date) for coffee at the local town coffee house. We agreed on this arrangement and he never showed up. Curling up with a good book from Anais Nin and orchestra music, I left a nice message on his phone and told him good luck and its not nice to waste a person time.  Went to the fabulous Italian restaurant had a great meal. He called back with some story, I don't know if true or not but a simple text or call earlier that day could have saved you. Not cool to keep a lady waiting and wasting her precious time.  My time is precious at every second. He wanted a reschedule, nope as I let him know for the second time, you had your chance.  When a guy isn't that into you, keep moving on! There's millions of guys in the world and one isn't gonna make me second guess myself into feeling something is wrong with me. Something is wrong with you for not up holding a commitment made. Men can be jerks but this jerky jerk isn't gonna slow me down at the least.



He said " I keep dating crazy white women." Umm maybe you need to change your dating habits and

Remind me not to get Coke next time.
why this have to do with me? I don't care, not my fault you're not of sound good judgement and character.  I know the men around here are spread very thin with quality and seems these guys like to tell you about shitty dating habits when your keeping it light and breezy. When did conversations of talking about your crazy dating life become the norm?  I wanna know about you, not some crazy ass chick who did you wrong. Ugh..I make it my point not to talk about my ex-husband when meeting a guy. A guy who goes on in this manner, usually these dudes get  NNEEXXTTT'D!!

Quality is better than quantity.

Ladies do not be swayed by the thirst nor put yourselves in the thirsty position. Take up hobbies, new interests, meet ups in your town with groups, getting to know yourself too. Trust your gut, don't give them a second, third or fourth chance. Their impression isn't great at the beginning, keep moving.  In the words of Sweet Brown "Ain't nobody got time for that!"  Newly divorced, single whatever your worth is important!
I'm still learning as we speak, turn on the bullshit blockers to level RED but also keep enjoying your life.  

Keep it light, breezy and float like a butterfly.
And you may have to change your choice of beverages too....:)

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I love how you handled the flakey date situation. Some guys even do this ish on purpose to test how much crap a woman will accept. If he is doing this at the begging how bad will he be further down. Good for you for showing him the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hate time wasters and my time is precious.
      I wish women would take this lesson and apply it because dating isn't that hard, you just gotta learn to understand its jerks out there and value yourself more than ever. Use common sense as always..:)

      Delete