Monday, November 19, 2012

ABG ROCKS & The Walking Dead too!!



I love Issa Rae!! She's been putting it down with her funny comedy mini-webisodes; The Misadventures of the Awkward Black Girl.  This is the second season, usually second seasons of a show can either soar higher or fail miserably.  Coming out last year I believe in mid-April or May, she have capture my attention where I have donated quite a few times to her project. Yeah its a bit rough, raw and have some late comic timing but what I like about it is that she's black, awkward and it's okay.  The characters are too hilarious like Sister Mary, Nina, A and Darius <--Baby Whispering Fool!!   Her friend Cece, is awesome, the voice of reasoning for J, awkward just like her and into some of the craziest stuff like her dance class. She also moonlights as a therapist.  J also picked White Jay over Fred. Oh gosh, season one was crazy!! Fred and White Jay are cute but White Jay gets her because he understand her awkwardness.

FINALLY her and White Jay getting that overdue sexy time.  I laughed so loud and hard from the beginning to the end. It's too cute and I love the dinner scene where the waiter cracking jokes on White Jay. So sexy how he stood up to the guy being an ass to him. Oh yeah, that's totally BOSS HOGGIN! LOL
Yep, I got that shirt!
Beautiful!!

A storyline that I can totally agree on and showing a black woman that she's normal like any woman with dating woes, awkward moments, job craziness, bizarre people at work from a normal everyday perspective.   She got the guy she likes and dating, changing jobs (hopefully), her best friend always going to be there and support her no matter what and still have those crazy awkward moments.  J doesn't have long flowing hair, not light skinned, super skinny or emulate someone else. She's just J, sporting a twa (teeny weeny afro), dresses cool, razor sharp humor (whenever she's thinking), writing rap lyrics/poetry to solve her problems on her own and awkward.  I can remember some of the embarrassing awkward moments I had growing up and now. Some are funny and some are cringe worthy where I cannot tell.

Issa Rae's show sheds  light on us 'awkward black girls' because we're usually looked  at weird or ignored. It's  funny where she pointed out a couple of stereotypes about black women  and I couldn't do nothing but agree and laugh. Do you know how annoying that is? When dumb people come and ask you out the sky blue in why you don't act a certain "black" way because it's not to their liking. It's like they expect that out of you  because the media and certain groups/person(s) told them how black women suppose to be.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!   As I laugh and flip my 'fro in the wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIVhKmuKLOM&feature=colike

Good news! Instead of us waiting forever for one episode, TWO will come out in a month!!! THANK YA JESUS!!! LMAO!!

TANGLES!! GRRRRR!!!
Walking Dead was awesome tonight!! Michonne is a goddess! Skanky McSkank Andrea became the Governor's new bootycall. Okay, even in the zombie apocalypse you still gotta VET and use COMMON SENSE!  Andrea is...hmmmm how can I say this.....'dickmatized' by the Governor's charms. Yeah he does look like a cross between Liam Neeson and Stephen Moyer but something is wrong with the cat. This deranged crazy ass dude is brushing his zombie daughter's hair. Fool, she's the UNDEAD! That means she can overpower you and bite!   And I notice that zombies do not have dandruff. Head and Shoulders is a very good product!

Hope you'll enjoy ABG as much as I did tonight. I was a bit late watching them but tonight was the perfect night.
Heading to bed, G'night and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment