Thursday, November 15, 2012

AUSTIN BOUND BABY!!




I  went to the Austin area this  past weekend. This time for a wedding!!! I love weddings but long ago I use to hate them. I  thought  weddings was "the end" of your life. But weddings and marriage are two different things. A wedding is celebrating of  two people coming together in a union.  A marriage is a long term commitment of  those two people joined in union as ONE in the duration of their lives.  Yes, I  have been married and I found  myself during my four year marriage that its not a game, nor a "trial" period but something deep, profound and beautiful. True, I found the beauty of marriage, throughout the dysfunction  since I didn't vet very well, rather ended somewhat painless, $725.00<---LUCKY, and quick divorce. Five minutes in court lifted the burden off  my shoulders.

Enough of that, my friend from college gotten married Saturday. We met in American History class, sixteen years ago. We pretty much had a hard time understanding our instructor because of his heavy Korean accent   but he was soo cute as bug  in a rug! We hit it off rather well and our friendship continued to grow. We've been through some thangz..lol.  She's loyal,  funny, practical and matter of fact. Before meeting her new husband she was with a DBR guy with too many damn kids. I remember rolling  my eyes  when she talked about him. He was a ghastly one! And one day,she told me that she dumped the fool *FINALLY*, moved to another town and living enjoying her single life.  Then she met her new husband on a dating site and from there, a union was formed last night.  I held it for a good hour until the couple danced, and the water works started.  Snot, runny mascara, eyeliner and M.A.C. Ruby Woo red lipstick decorated the white dinner napkin. I  was the only black person there but I did not care because this is my friend and she invited  me for her special day & Jackie, her dad would have gotten crunk! LMAO!
She made a comment to me before the ceremony:

"My single life is over and your is beginning."
"Yup" I  said " And you're going to love being married."
For  those whom are divorced or single, don't be a negative, be happy for your friend!  For my black women, take a pause to see if  ANY of your bw friends getting married to the person they love. If you have attend a wedding in the past year or in the near future, can you see yourself at the alter?  I do! Watch me, it may not be next year but I'm getting married in the future. Vetting and common sense is the key!
But for now, I'm extremely loving my single life, even if I haven't dated yet I continue to make myself happy at every minute.
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. John Creasy, many love and blessings to them!


Awwww!!! :)


Austin: The Music Capital of Texas   
  

Austin have became another favorite city of mine in the past months. Started out as a joke to teach my daughter about the capital of Texas, we took a mini family road trip to our wonderful capital. My kids love it! Austin is the "hippie" town, progressive (well not the  public transportation & infrastructural road systems ) lots to do from: art, movies, sports and music.  Besides that, many people from all over the states and continent come to visit this wonderful city. Since the population boom, you'll find many cultures and plenty of HOTTIES!!! Omigosh! I have seen some of the cutest, sexiest, healthiest (vegetarianism is popular) guys down there.  For my lovely, free-spirited, hippie black women please, please,  please visit Austin! I seen opportunity in that area, to get your name out in art, music, fashion or whatever that your heart desires DO IT. Austin is family orientated so many kids being themselves * Think of Jayden and Willow Smith* it's unreal. My kids, my daughter is mixed, felt comfortable in her skin and yes I have seen mixed people down there. Not too much of a black population but what the hell, who cares? LOL! I still enjoy the town's feisty nightlife, laid back culture and met some cool people. Speaking of people, my stay was awesome!  My host, Kendra from CouchSurfers welcomed me into her home. Kick ass roommates, comfy bed and showing me  the coolest thrift stores in town.  Kendra is from Queens, New York, moved to Austin a year and half ago, creating a name for herself. She's the most coolest person that I've met since the Chilcotes in March. We went to two art galleries (free wine) and looked at art.

At this little neat place called Clayworks Studio/Gallery on  East 6th St. had a indie/folk trio playing in the basement part of the establishment. Aww man! I love a steel guitar and she was good.   Of course after leaving the gallery, we went to a couple of bars and had fun. I enlighten Kendra where I'm from and the culture of people. Seem strange that one part of an region is hip, fun, always something to do while my region East Texas, is a bit dry, boring, nothing really do to but to go out of town to have some decent fun. Oh yeah I experienced some good ol' New York driving.  Quite interesting! :)

And yes she's a movie buff, suffice to say, I geeked but she didn't know it..LOL Do you know when I speak about movies; classic, horror, drama, anything of whatever genre around here I either get a crazy look or confusion. My cousin and I share a love of horror movies, so I usually emailed her on Facebook on what movies she needs to check out. Mine are splatter 80's horror, foreign, classics, musicals and a couple of dramas. Don't get me started on the 80's children's movies. I have introduced my kids to Neverending Story, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, The Last Unicorn and etc... They have imagination but viewing them again as an adult I notice the undertones of horror within the characters, plot and mood.

Well that concludes my weekend. I had a lovely time seeing my girl Michelle getting married, meeting new people, experience East 6th St.*after dark* since my brother told me long ago "I belong down there" and came  back home safely hugging the shit out of my kids.   Being  a single parent, I do have  my "me" time. I may not have the greatest job, wads of cash or the luxury of traveling every weekend *I wish!* but I do research on cities, look into website that offer deals, stay on a budget without being broke for a week and enjoy myself.

I forgot, I got hit on by some old assed snaggled tooth creepy dude in the club. GGGGAAAKKKKKK!!! I could have STAYED in East Texas for that. Where's nice-looking, friendly, around my age and at least five to seven years older, in shape, all of their teeth, not afraid to talk to  me, smiling sweet, secure, smell  so good, can carry a conversation guys at?? I forgot, not around here in my area. :/

Peace!!!

Information on Austin nightlife:
http://www.6street.com/

Traveling abroad? Or in the States? Wanna meet cool people?
http://www.couchsurfing.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment