Friday, April 25, 2014

Keep it badazz Austin!



Another fair trip to Austin this weekend was fabulous!



Unknown to me, 1st Austin Reggae Festival was going on at the Butler park downtown. Lots of reggae fans, some come and partake in the "relaxation" (giggles).  Catching a pretty good band, Ashes from Babylon hailing from New Orleans, LA have a great blend of reggae, jazz, blues and hip-hop. Truly unique from with the brass arrangement (taking me back to my Band nerd days) and the bass player looking like King Leonidas from 300 (cutie!)  Then I heard Dub-step reggae NICE playing in the back too.  Of course I had my crazy pink and orange stripey socks feeling the festive mood plus this is Austin, nobody doesn't give a flying rat's ass how you look!! LIVE IN THE MOMENT!!

Falling in love with Kerbey Lane Cafe last year, went for the gusto trying out the Vegan Breakfast platter.

YUM YUM YUM is all I gotta say!  First for the meat eaters and skeptics, you can create a pancake without eggs, milk and butter. Secondly this dish will blow your mind and being a meat eater myself, I do not spaz out, crinkle my nose or say yuck to something that I've never tried.
Two gorgeous pancakes with bits of fruit inside powder sugar glaze, soysauge, home fries and tofu scrabble with green onion & tomato kept me full, energetic and satisfied. AND..it's gluten free.
Chopping it up on the dance floor on East. 6th (hit the food trucks too!) found this gem.

www.kyotenaustin.com

James, the host and server welcome with warmest awesomeness and laid back attitude that makes you feel like you're at home. The decor is simple and inviting with a Japanese garden backyard with a outdoor fire pit for those chilly Austin nights. Baku, the dog the star of the place is chillin like a villain, in his own little world and friendly to pet. James suggested this badazz dish:
Almost did a back flip but wearing a dress.
Masu-zushi is wassup! Salmon, citrus, herbs, red onion with a hint of mayo all served with wasbi and a too cute fish shaped soy packet.  De-lish! Eaten at so many sushi places but this one is my favorite. The first of it kind in Austin and the whole country. Who would have thunk it? And the owners are super nice and friendly another bonus to keep me coming back on weekend trips.

Alas, Austin rocks as usual, lots to do and explore. Yes, in the near future my plans are to move there. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment