Monday, June 17, 2013

Wallpapering is serious business!




Omigosh, this is cray!
Been busy for the past couple of weeks, cleaning and redecorating my new home. Wallpapering is not for the faint of heart. It's not fun, tedious, irritating and straight up not for me.  As you can see, this is HALF of the wall to do. Good thing its not big space to fill but dangit! Quite irritated with the WHOLE process. From the second sheet, you can see I gave up but I kept going. Even the motifs are almost perfect but not lining up well. This where a good- looking, nice muscles, nice ass (lol) slightly shirtless home improvement guy should have dropped in and helped me. Lo and behold my kids are with me. They seen every expression, sweat and hear every unnameable word that came out of my mouth that day! My daughter helped and seem she took a digress learning experience of wallpapering. Glad she liked the painting and putting contact paper on the counters.

She did a great job with the painting. We chose a grey-tone purple that wouldn't look too feminine but the neutrality of the color ties the counter, floor and cupboards.  Now super excited as we "speak" my coffee table came in.  I'm designing on a budget and using my imagination to get the best of our my money and making my home a home.  Speaking on that, good gracious! Home Depot and the hotties!!!  The last time trekking to Home Depot is when I was married. Now single, cruising to the hardware store for the house in on my list.  I may have came overdressed but didn't care, I was looking for supplies for the home.  Why does my daughter give me a weird look and side eye when muttering "dayum, he's hot."  She can't stand it. Sorry honey but mom is still young, healthy and attractive. Am I suppose to frown up and say yuck? At least it wasn't out loud and desperate. LOL. I told her I can't help it, in my nature. The fact wearing an off-shoulder Victoria's Secret summer dress does the trick when out of the blue, HD employees ask you if needing an assistance. One scared my daughter when saying hello in a booming, chirpy voice. And this is a teenager who doesn't pay attention, listening to her IPod doesn't matter if a fire breaks out on top of her head; failing to put it out, this guy broke her trance. He even gave my son a high five when he put his hand out. My kids, my kids!

I didn't  flirt but kept smiling, looking nice and shopped for what I needed. Seeing my daughter's eyes narrow is the sign of a guy checking me out.  Poor girl, doesn't she know they can look but not touch? She thinks guys aren't suppose to look at mom no matter what. Baby girl, got a long life ahead of her!!!

By next week we'll move in after the tests my daughter have to take after summer school. Super psyched about the sci-fi/horror party this week.  Meet-up groups are popping and springing about and what a perfect way to meet new people.  Fill this summer up with group meet ups of your favorite hobbies/interests.  Been friggin hot in Texas this month and rain didn't help shit but bring out more bugs and snakes. The bugs I don't care as long its outside but snakes....now that's a different story!

Next few weeks, Kountrysoulgirl will be out on a short hiatus. See you back in mid-July.

Have a wonderful, fun and safe summer! :)
Remember ladies, Hardware stores!!! Don't wanna hear stalker stories while breathing heavily in the plumbing section.

No comments:

Post a Comment