Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hospitals are called 'free' prison in my book, my sweet son get better so we can haul boo-tay outta here!

My sweet son is sick and in the hospital now.  It's been a grueling 3 days held up in the "free" prison.  Yeah do you  know that the hospital is a "free" prison?  LOL.. a lil joke there.  Its Saturday afternoon  and yes it sucks to be stuck in the room all day long  but I'm mom and my son needs me.

He 's been diagnosed with  asthma since  one years old. His father had  it, uncles ( mine and the ex-husband's brother) and they  grew out of it.  So hopefully he'll grow  out of this. Asthma is very serious especially for younger children. Starts off with the wheezing & coughing, I started  to give him breathing treatments Saturday night after the fall activities at  the church.  Must have been  the hay ride through the chilly dusk air or  the hay. I think the hay triggered it, I remember how tired and drained he looked when  I went for pizza.  He felt fine that Sunday, taking the grandparents out for dinner, talking  up  a storm with Big  Mama.  Around 3a.m. Monday morning, he had a low grade fever.

Two days out of school, his progression didn't look too good. The doctor's office we go!  And from that visit, we've made that trip to the ER that landed us in the hospital since Wednesday.  Guys, having a sick kid in  the hospital is a nightmare for a parent.  You do your best to make them comfortable and staying  positive. Even if they can't barely lift their little head, you hold back the tears and hold it up for them & smile. I made it to Saturday and had  my " mommy moment" of crying.  Yes I am tired, but this is my son. My son does have a father,  grocery shopping is more important than sitting with his son. To him one visit does enough and work is very important.   He did visit him for an hour, ummm okay? But I'm missing four days of work to care for  my son. Good thing I have flex days but you still go through hell and high water for your children. Did I give the ex-husband a pat on his back for visiting his son for an hour? Hell naw!!! If you remember he's DBR man so expect that from those types. Selfish people tend focus on illogical priorities for personal gain & ego. I put everything aside during that visit, offered to get food while he spend time with our son. I don't care what happened in the past, you're divorced, the child is IMPORTANT not your raggedy ass'd stank past issues with me!! DBR men do not break their necks for their kids, making super dumb excuses to avoid real life situations. Teenage boys do that. As a newly single mom again, I vow to VET people, continue my life, enrichen my children and better myself as a parent.

I take walks in  the hallway and go downstairs to the vending machines.  Since I'm  the only parent here with him my short trips are 3-5 minutes long. I do have his personal care attendant in the room when I leave.  My daughter and father came  last night, enjoying their company. Especially my father, he loves his jackrabbit..lol. My dad even lays in the bed  with him and they play and watch tv. He misses him so much!!! The best part, I'm  not too far away from the house. Last year during the wildfire outbreaks in Texas, he inhaled too much smoke after the community's wild fire hell. It was living in two different horror/scary films Let  me show you:  Silent Hill in the morning and The Fog at night.*Remind you, I live in the woods!*
Really Flying Dutchman?



 Charred 'snowflakes?' Where's Charlie Brown?












Since the pirates couldn't make it during the fog  (about 4 hours from the Gulf of Mexico, hard to navigate a ghost ship through pine trees) and the Silent Hill gang  unavailable, the real horror is being evacuated from your home due to raging, uncontrolled fires, destroying every tree, property, animals and houses even a life that's beyond your control.  Smoke filled the air morning and night. We couldn't sleep from smelling that crap after every fire team put it out. Yep it got him good, developing pneumonia in his right lung. The horror of  every parent's nightmare of having a child under the age of 5, balancing on a tight rope called life and death.  Six days at the hospital, no joke! good thing my friend Chip came and relieved me almost every night to get fresh air and a break.
Besties since high school!!
He's the nicest person on Earth, I always knew even when he was being a badass in school.  Well, trying..LOL..  Ya'll wondering hmmmm friends? yeah and he's gay. My son adores him because of his kindness and appreciate his visits.   My son doesn't know he's gay but when a child recognize kindness from a caring person, you're on his/her good list. Children can see a person's heart better than adults because their world isn't mucked up....yet. My son seen Chip more than his dad  during the hospital stay, pretty pathetic of  his dad, aye?  I didn't let his father know because he's an idiot, wouldn't understand and basically he's not fond of gay people. But he has a gay uncle. Please do not try to understand the logic of  my son's father, its not worth losing a brain cell.

The doctor may let us go tomorrow. Hopefully the 10pm-4am, extra strength breathing treatments will do right for  him.* NO SLEEP FOR ME!* ha!  He's perking up and when he perks up, oh boy! He's alive!!!  Plenty of oxygen and careful O2 monitoring is a must.  95 or better oxygen level  is the key for my sweet boy to get better. For  me, I made a conscience decision to quit smoking. I discussed this with my doctor two weeks before he gotten sick. I'm battling with these withdraws and its not cool.  I'm weening myself off of the "ignit" sticks, putting me back on anti-depressant meds to even out  my moods. My party days are over, I lead a normal boring life and I like it like that. Don't get  me wrong, I still have those "teenage" moments enjoying life before the kids, but those are well-planned & scheduled.  Twice a year, I have my "Keeshia, wild rocker day" and by midnight I'm tired and sleepy..LMAO!!! That reminds me how much my life have changed. Most stuff that I did in my twenties, I do not miss them at all!!!

*If any of  you reading smoke, you do have the choice to quit. I wish I'd never started and my mother enabled  my smoking habits during high school  (trying to be the cool hip mom, sorry about that mom)*

I still keep it PUNK ROCK tho!!! Well its 10pm and the final count down for the meds for my son. Say a prayer and keep us in your thoughts.


I'll leave you guys with "Justin" from KoRn.  Follow the Leader is still  the baddest album ever! I know my music, I wouldn't  mind a music challenge from anyone! Bring it on!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! muahhahahhahahahahhaha!!!!!! Don't forget to watch the Walking Dead @8pm/9pm CST/EST!   Rick-- So sexy! Now that's a great reason to stay alive! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment