Monday, October 8, 2012

FASHION FASHION, Please no busted up shoes!!


We all  love fashion and most of us are either hip, sophisticated, modern and up on current fashion. But one thing that I've notice is the athlete shoe and jeans for everyday..Blahhh boring!!! In my area and probably in your region too, jeans and shoes maybe a long tee shirt or blouse seems to be the all wrong for  me. IMO, I love feminine styles!  As a former tomboy, I hated to wear dresses my grandmother bought me and secretly I loved them. The constant whining and crying about wearing a dress  and getting made up to look  like girl kinda  made me cringe and loving it. I wanted  to hang out with the boys,  not worrying about trying to cross your legs, looking very sweet and pretty.

I'm 34 now and I love love love dresses and  skirts. I own  maybe two pairs of jeans. I ditched  all of my jeans because one: my body changed differently after having my son, two: seems that everyone is wearing jeans with any old thang and third: they don't  seem quite feminine to me. Feminine is the key because I am  female but wearing nothing but jeans and a t-shirt, you blended in with the normal crowd that wears them.
I like to stick out; meaning LOOK GOOD among the masses. I want heads to turn, people to stare (especially guys) and massive compliments.  If you have any family albums of your great grandmother, grandmother, aunts, and mother, look at the fashion of their era. And if you remember them talking about how much they struggled and what little money they had, look how feminine and beautiful they looked! They didn't walk around with their booty out, girls jiggling everywhere and hair going this way and that. They looked  like WOMEN!
Don't say: Because times have changed, whatever! Don't  give me that crock of boo boo to ease your empty statement  because the last time  I checked dresses wasn't outlaw and we're still women.

*To my wonderful cousin who lives in the Bay Area, told me that she can rock a long blouse and jeans, I'm still going to quantum leap to your house pretty soon for fashion tips* LOL.



Friggin  Sweet and doesn't hurt  my feet!
I  went shopping  today, I hit Dillard's for some nice red gorg pumps from Jessica Simpson * yes she's pretty dang affordable!*  for a wedding I'm attending in November. I  also applied and gotten a Dillard's department store card too. Can you say I jumped like a Price is Right contestant? My son was wondering "Why mommy excited?" Shiiett, I got a Dillard's card!! With a nice credit limit too, not shabby for a divorcee!






I'm wearing this while typing!!





Please get this! Make your lushy lipz go
BOOM!
Also I had to hit the M.A.C. counter for some lipstick. Trying on three colors,  I  picked Ruby Woo (a matte lipstick, red of course and Quite the Thing with a lip pencil.  I hated that I missed the Marilyn  Monroe collection because the makeup artist told me  they sold out in two hours. I spent 46.00 on 3 things. Not because I got a Dillard's card because I invest in quality makeup.  I do pay this amount when I hit the M.A.C. counter in 4-6 months. I like the products to last, give me a great look and the social impact of the M.A.C message.
I'm still debating on my dress. I've bought a 70's inspired, three toned dress   from my job and pondering on buying one from American Apparel. I have two skirts that I bought for eight dollars, high waisted pencil skirt ( I got that Mad Men 50-60's vibe going on) and a bandeau halter dress, very sexy!!!  My good ol teenager daughter suggest that I should purchase this:


http://store.americanapparel.net/rsa7309.html
But not in this color. She told me "Blood Orange" would be my best bet and the right color for me. Check out the beautiful model that is wearing it (I couldn't copy the pic, so I got this one.)  I hope it isn't extreme cold down in the Austin area but I know it's windy as hell!

I know I'm not going to "show up" the bride with either dress because this is her day. I will make the final decision soon but I'm not going to look ' like I came out the hollar or the briar patch." Plus, there's going to be some guys there, single too. I do dress  up on special occasions but also going out in public. I even look casual cute when I work in the afternoons; cleaning classrooms, mopping, dusting and throwing out trash at school. Why?  Because I can! I'm in the public eye and must remain professional looking. Just because I dump trash and clean commodes behind nasty ass kids, Monday thru  Friday doesn't mean I look like a custodian. I actually look like a student.  And  believe me when the kids see this puffy, beautiful afro, red lips and a nice smile walking down the hallway with my headphones on, they know it's Ms. Kiki. They are too mesmerized by my hair because it's different and I guess being in  school district with a large Hispanic population, I guess you tend to look for different. And it's nothing wrong with seeking different.

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed. But what I love about fall is the turning of the leaves and the fashion.You don't have to look busted up, hulled out, shop for cheap clothing at the store that sell hair weave and speakers only to wear them for 3 weeks, then falling apart in the washer. I have lost count to women, beautiful black women that shop so cheaply that I almost gave up hope. LOL. *Please dress according to your age, I cringe seeing 40+ women at the Body Shop, scavenging hoochie momma, club hopping clothing TARGETED for 20 somethings, Really??* :/  Pay attention to  what's in and what's not, also create and hone a look for YOURSELF and not copying. My style is more chameleon: channeling vintage, rock n roll, rockabilly, sophistication, classic cuts from different time eras. My personal favorites are Victorian (goth steampunk) and the 40's & early  50's. (killer evening dresses and red lipstick.)

 I have set up good websites to find great fashion either high end and low, my personal favs. Happy Hunting with your fall picks with beauty and clothing.

Love & Blessings!
K.

http://store.americanapparel.net/
http://www.spool72.com/
http://www.ideeli.com/welcome
http://www.modcloth.com/
http://www.trashydiva.com/
http://www.lulus.com/
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Main.aspx?br=f21-  they have some KICK ASS skinny jeans  for  $10.80. My daughter and I  have a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment