Sunday, March 27, 2016

Meet our newest member of the Classy Cow Crew!

Hiya Everyone!

The newest member of the bovine family is doing well.  What a gorgeous little one.

She's afraid of me!
These little ones are getting older since November and January, very feisty crew and love sweet pellets and water.  We use to have red and white ones but the last one passed from a coyote attack back in 2012.  My Dad take care of them and they LOOOVVVEEEE him to death; wish you can see it when seeing my father walking outside they literally run full speed to the fence, saying "hello" in cow speak. (giggles)

As you can see my slender red fingertips petting the cow, she afraid of me, should had a hand full of pellets, would have had cow slobber all over my hand. Don't worry they do not bite.

As a child, I love throwing the hay off my Big Daddy's truck feeding the cows when coming home from a long day's work.  Every time the blue Chevy goes truckin' through the pasture the whole herd follows.  We use to have a milk heifer name Mindy and she kicked my arm while showing off that I can milk a cow.  One day she fell into a mud hole and coyotes ravaged her body but barely alive.  After pulling her out the hole, she held on for almost 3 days before going to bovine heaven.  I cried and realized she actually FOUGHT off starving coyotes stuck in a mud hole with a broken leg! This girl has been with us for almost 11 years and amazed how resilient cows are.
When getting older I was ashamed to admit of being a country girl and stop going out in the field with my grandfather. Now? VERY PROUD!

This what kept our family afloat for 40 years when started off with 2 heifers and one bull, growing to a large livestock in the 80's and 90's.  Our livestock is small but Dad keeps it going after grandfather passed away, continuing legacy.

"Take care of them, they'll take care of you"---late Lee. C. Lacy
The words of my grandfather are eternal.

Gorgeous

Moooooooo mutha--shut yo mouf!





Happy Easter and Take Care.
KSG

No comments:

Post a Comment