Friday, April 5, 2013

Great trip to Houston and my sweet BCBG dress



Returning back to normal mode, the Fashion Merchandising class of my university took a trip to Houston for tour day.

We started out at 5:30 a.m. rolling down to our first stop Humble. Visited the Baskin's corporate office. If ya don't know what Baskin's is; its a country-western small town retail store.  Yep, we got one here in our hometown and they do have some kick ass boots and western wear. But what is surprising is they do have clothing that isn't what you called "western."  Then off to the Galleria!! Yaaa!!! I have no idea what kind of GPS they bus driver had but damn we didn't know where in the hell he was going.  Banana Republic was next and  pretty nice, ehhhh not too interesting but they do have nice clothing and really great in business apparel and weekend wear.  Now we're hungry off to some delicious Mediterranean food!

Of course being with 20 giggly 18-22 years old was funny. Most of the girls the fashion program are young black women. Never heard and experience Mediterranean food and some have but never ate before, a bit apprehensive but they wanted to have a great experience. Which was a hit and miss. Seems like a waitress felt it wasn't her fault during a mix up with the entree. And she let the young lady know it wasn't her fault. Wow, that's pretty damn bold of her to say that when the young ladies wanted a great experience in sampling a different ethnic food. But our instructors cleared the situation and yes the waitress did get chewed out by her supervisor. Then off to Charming Charlie corporate office.  Damn, what a nice place to work in the near future!! And didn't I tell you the founder is extremely cute??
He waved at me! LOL

Leading up to a future joke in a bit.

So off to our retail "observation" Duh, shopping!!!
I pretty much cleaned up some great deals in Forever 21 and Gap.  Of course I got the kiddies some nice things and myself a nice BCBG dress. Can't believe I paid that amount but that sucka was calling my name. During my retail "observation" seen some of the cutest and handsome looking men.  Most are Asian and Middle Eastern.  Hot dayum and butter my biscuits, the sweet country perkiness was turned up! Wooo, I was kinda late meeting up with my group at The Cheescake Factory because there was this gorgeous, tall, dark and handsome guy from Israel. Didn't care that he's selling Dead Sea salts to exfoliate my hands, that man was just too damn fione! Did a bit of light flirting and let him do the talking while he was trying to make a sale but I diverted his attention in where we're from and all that jazz.  That's pretty tricky to flirt with a sales guy, you gotta know when to fold and know when to hold in those situations. Shiieett I still had fun flirting and knowing a really great product. My hands stayed  pretty soft for a period of 36 hours.

Delish food, bit pricey but hey, better than eating my oatmeal..hahaha naw just kidding.  After our dinner, we showed our instructors in what we got. My Apparel instructor Mrs. Cupit is a BIG Tory Burch fan. She loves her TB! She showed me her Tory Burch wedges, cute as always and I busted out with my BCBG dress. Mrs. Cupit shakes her head, smiles and loves my dress and the girl behind me bust out " Shoooootttt she's trying to get Charlie with that dress!"  Couldn't do nothing but laugh and said "Yeah, he's cute and I love successful men."  POW POW! lol

Being up for a mean 24+ hours, visiting corporate offices, getting to know the wonderful young ladies and peepin' out those hot Asian and Middle Eastern men and scoring a good-looking white sexy dress, my sweet lil booty was tired. I had a wonderful day and learned a lot.

And its almost 1am. Time for some sleep!!
Ya'll take care and hugs!

Love & Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment