Thursday, September 8, 2016

Dragon Con and Happy 50th Anniversary to Star Trek.



Greetings from Texas!

Typing this from a long nap--jet lag and driving, regaining my strength and a good tuna sub

Labor Day weekend adventure was set in Atlanta, GA for Dragon Con 2016!

My first time cosplay and visiting Atlanta was a treat.  Running off with two wonderful girls from the adopted town I reside.

First Day: Nyota Uhura

I had to represent Uhura because she is the FIRST cosplay decision ever--hands down.
Growing up watching Star Trek, Ms. Nichols portraying Uhura gave me a role model for being a sci-fi fan and a woman of color to boldly go!   Mom would be proud of me wearing the proud symbol and yes Uhura was a her childhood role model too.  Posing next to a Dalek, am too a Dr. Who fan.







Trekkies just wanna have fun!







Me and Geordi
Old meets the reboot mashup!




Did I mention plenty of eye candy????

They knew we're friggin hot!

Egon, my other crush

Ole`Ole`


Frankenfurter and Rocky

































Oh baby, did I do it or not?  My favorite character since high school; Ash from the cult classic Evil Dead 2.  My mother was terrifed of the cover when we rented at the video store (remember those?) as my brother and I popped it in; we laughed, got scared and found a hero: Ash.   Many years later share my love for this movie and Army of Darkness with my children.  My son loves Ash and bought him the action figure too.  He also recited the classic "This here is my boomstick" dialog.

Though my chainsaw isn't "practical" I used salvaged parts at the last minute.



Groovy!

McGyver the hell out my costume



Hail to the Queen, Baby!













Last day: Dalek  (Victorian/Steampunk/50's-esque)
Cute Daleks wear pearls when exterminating, we broke off from the others and form our own clan.



I seen Alex Kingston...enough said!
Rivvvaassooonnngggggg!!!


Happy wonderful 50th Anniversary to Star Trek.

Star Trek is still ahead of it's time and love every episode, movie and whatever ST I can get ahold to.  Second generation Trekkie that I am.


I get emotional looking at the 1st crew.



Live long and Prosper
Go out an explore a comic convention in your homestate or three states over. :)
Ladies get OUT THERE dress up and have a fun time.

Shout out to ATL for showing a Texas girl a great time, people are friendly, helpful and such much to do in Atlanta.

Another shout out to RD, my sci-fi sister from another mother.

Peace and Blessings
KSG



No comments:

Post a Comment